Operation Crew Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ravencrest Guild Operation Crew

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Zuthek - Warlock *ACCEPTED*

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Zuthek

Zuthek - Warlock *ACCEPTED* Empty
PostSubject: Zuthek - Warlock *ACCEPTED*   Zuthek - Warlock *ACCEPTED* EmptyWed Apr 16 2008, 00:44

Application for Zuthek

-Name: Marius Ofstad
-Connection: More then good enough Very Happy
-Non-WoW Commitments (School, Job, Family etc): I live at home, with my Mother, Father and 2 brothers (Will move out in August)

My character:
-Class: Warlock
-Race (explain why did you choose it): Gnome. When i started this character, i did choose gnome because they looked cool, and got Escape Artist Very Happy
-Armory link:
-Offspec description: If i would go for a Off-Specc, that would be SM/Ruin. It gives me both nice DoT Damage, and also very nice shadow bolt hits/crits. But i think the 0/21/40, which i use now, give a better damage output.
-Your role in a raid(10/25/40man): My role in every raid, will be to do whatever the guild expects me to do. As a Warlock i should stay at the top of the damage meter, and also be 100% focused in situations where Banish/Enslave is needed.

-Resistance gears: I got about 250 Fire resistance unbuffed, which is enough to tank Leotheras with raid buffs, and also enough to tank the mage mob at the Kael'Thas fight.

-History: Zuthek was made, with the name "Ofstad", at the Talnivarr realm, February 2006. I dinged 60 in the summer, and joined the guild "Industrial Strength". We did clear all of Zul'Gurub, Molten Core, AQ20, Onyxia and BWL. We also cleared AQ40, forth to The Twin Emperors, which we got to 24% at our best try. And we also had some tries at Indstructor Razuvious, without any luck. When the PvP patch was released, in December 2006, it completely spoiled the raiding.
When the Burning Crusade was released, the guild did merge with another guild called "The Pretorians", and me and my in real friends in my all guild, decided to migrate to Ravencrest, where some other of our friends did play. After that i have been in several guilds. I could mention: AuroraBorealis (Only in the starting phase, took a brake from WoW, so i /gquited.) Infinity (Was before they restarted). After that i have been in the guild "Static X", which is a guild with very good players, but i don't think it is the right guild for me anymore. They are only raiding 25-mans twice a week, and that simply is not enough for me. This is as far as i have gotten Very Happy

-Attunements (hyjal ring): I got all the preTBC ones, and i got Karazhan. (Did never get time to do SSC/TK/Hyjal/BT before they were removed. (Got to the Al'ar part at BT though]

-Pre TBC raiding Experience: As mentioned above, all but whole of Naxx. Twins, Ouro and C'thun

-TBC raiding Experience: Full Kara, GL, ML, ZA. SSC to Vashj and TK to Kael'Thas

-Your playtime:

Monday: 17:00-24:00-->
Tuesday: 17:00-24:00-->
Wednesday: 17:00-24:00-->
Thursday: 17:00-24:00-->
Sunday: 17:00-24:00-->

Other:
-Why do you wanna join Operation Crew? Because i am looking for a guild, that can take me back to real endgame raiding, and that seem to be a fitting guild, because of the very nice progress you are doing.

-What do you expect from Operation Crew? I expect that you continue your nice progress, and show me how a REAL guild, and not one of thoose that is stuck in the starting phase forever.

-Do you know anyone in Operation Crew? No, i don't really know anyone there.

-Why do you wanna leave your current guild(if you're in a guild): As mentioned above, Static X is not the right guild for me.

-Xrealm or Ravencrest native? Not native, but i have been here for a very long time now Very Happy

-Are you the original owner of this account?: Yes, i would never in my life even think of buying a account, or selling my own one for that case.

-Total playtime of your character: 60 days

-If you have any other comments: I am a good warlock, that you wont regret that you recruited, if you decide to do so. I am a active, helpful and social player, that would love to play with you guys.

//Zuthek
Back to top Go down
Zuthek

PostSubject: Re: Zuthek - Warlock *ACCEPTED*   Zuthek - Warlock *ACCEPTED* EmptyWed Apr 16 2008, 01:04

I also did forget to say that i soon got my Darkmoon Faire Card: Crusade, which is a very nice one. Gives me roughly 80+ spell dmg in raids.

I also forgot: Studieing Service and Transport
Back to top Go down
Blackpants

Blackpants

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Zuthek - Warlock *ACCEPTED*   Zuthek - Warlock *ACCEPTED* EmptyWed Apr 16 2008, 02:10

Back to top Go down
Blackpants

Blackpants

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2008-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Zuthek - Warlock *ACCEPTED*   Zuthek - Warlock *ACCEPTED* EmptyWed Apr 16 2008, 02:12

Hmmm. Lets see: never played with you or anything so canĀ“t comment on that. But gear wise from armory you got way to low spellhit to go 21/40 spec. Migration rate will be to high.

PS: Specwise Nether Protection is a PvP talant.
Back to top Go down
Zuthek

PostSubject: Re: Zuthek - Warlock *ACCEPTED*   Zuthek - Warlock *ACCEPTED* EmptyWed Apr 16 2008, 09:40

I got the trinket from Epoch Hunter in HC Old Hilsbrad. And i could change some gems to make the spellhit look better.

I could also respecc to SM/Ruin or Deep Affliction without problems.

//Zuthek
Back to top Go down
Zuthek

PostSubject: Re: Zuthek - Warlock *ACCEPTED*   Zuthek - Warlock *ACCEPTED* EmptyWed Apr 16 2008, 09:43

About the "Nether Protection". I know most warlocks look at this as a PvP talent, but it is also useful in several PvE encounters, but if you want me to remove it i'll do that.
Back to top Go down
Cossie
Admin
Cossie

Number of posts : 358
Registration date : 2008-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Zuthek - Warlock *ACCEPTED*   Zuthek - Warlock *ACCEPTED* EmptyWed Apr 16 2008, 10:02

For some reason most of our warlocks wanna be destruction atm. This is cause a small problem since we are in need of some debuffs from the affliction tree at some boss encounters. Joining the guild with worse gear then the other warlocks and demand to be destruction will be wrong when u don`t got the gear to it. Im not saying that u never will be able to go destruction but u need atleast t5 equall gear i think otherwise u will loose to much spell dmg and crit due to stacking hit.
Back to top Go down
Zuthek

PostSubject: Re: Zuthek - Warlock *ACCEPTED*   Zuthek - Warlock *ACCEPTED* EmptyWed Apr 16 2008, 11:18

As i mentioned, i got no problems speccing Affliction, or maybe SM/Ruin.

This is a specc i would like to use:

I have not seen very many warlocks using this at lvl 70, but i can tell you it is very good. It gives all the debuffs you will need from a affliction warlock, and it also gives very good damage. It also contains the "Malediction" talent, which gives 3% more damage increase from CoS and CoE.

//Zuthek
Back to top Go down
Zuthek

PostSubject: Re: Zuthek - Warlock *ACCEPTED*   Zuthek - Warlock *ACCEPTED* EmptyWed Apr 16 2008, 11:25

The link disappeared in the last post, so i suppose i could give a description.

Affliction:
5/5 Improved Corruption
5/5 Suppression
2/2 Improved Drain Soul
2/2 Improved Life Tap
2/2 Curse of Weakness
1/1 Ampfily Curse
2/2 Grim Reach
2/2 Nightfall
3/3 Empowered Corruption
1/1 Siphon Life
1/1 Curse of Exhaustion
5/5 Shadow Mastery
5/5 Contagion
1/1 Dark Pact
3/3 Malediction

Destruction:
5/5 Improved Shadow Bolt
5/5 Bane
5/5 Devastation
1/1 Shadowburn
2/2 Intensity
2/2 Destructive Reach
1/1 Ruin

Keeps the DoT's tick for very much, and also makes huge shadow bolt crits/hits.
Back to top Go down
Cossie
Admin
Cossie

Number of posts : 358
Registration date : 2008-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Zuthek - Warlock *ACCEPTED*   Zuthek - Warlock *ACCEPTED* EmptyWed Apr 16 2008, 11:32

yes i know the spec, its verry good. Tho shadow Embrace is rly good to Smile sad to see that so many warlocks fail to see what 5% less melee dmg from some bosses can mean. a boss like archimonde that hits for 7k on plate.
But im going to give u a chance, if u are able to get your attendence up fast im sure u will get some gear improvements too. /w cossie, lolhaxx or Flumse ingame for invite
Back to top Go down
Zuthek

PostSubject: Re: Zuthek - Warlock *ACCEPTED*   Zuthek - Warlock *ACCEPTED* EmptyWed Apr 16 2008, 11:56

Ok, i will /w you when i get home from school today.

I don't fail to realise the importance of Shadow Embrace btw Razz Just did forget it at that one. I'll see what i can do to make the specc contain points in that talent to.

//Zuthek
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Zuthek - Warlock *ACCEPTED*   Zuthek - Warlock *ACCEPTED* Empty

Back to top Go down

Zuthek - Warlock *ACCEPTED*
Page 1 of 1